Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fully into RUGBY

I drive my friends and family insane in RUGBY season I am an addict and an avid follower of all things RUGBY!!!

But I do draw the line at driving 3 hours to a UNDER 14 game and changing warming up TO HAVE NO BLARDY team arrive to play us THEY DEFAULTED (yes I am yelling) game scheduled for 11.30am they arrive with 13 players and had to default due to A: lack of numbers AND B: also they did not have NZRFU and BOP corresponding paperwork (ie team draws and identikit NZRU photos)! We played them any way in a friendly (we had one of our boys sent off YES in a friendly and they beat us 30-20!!) had they had they right amount of players and paperwork they would have had a WIN!

It is disappointing that Coaches and Team Managers aren't pulling finger and abiding by the rugby rules! I arrived at carpark at 7am with 45 HOT out of the oven sausage rolls for the trip (they were devoured int he carpark before we left!) ONE delicious bacon and egg pie gone before Rotorua, 12 bananas and 12 muesli bars gone before Whakatane!!! 3 x 2litres of water that was just the 11 in the van I drove over, there was a small people mover with 6 boys they dam near ate the same amount!!! and a car load of others.

IT was a thoroughly neat day we were all very tired and glad to be home, this Saturday we the team are only traveling to Rotorua! THANK GOD!

Our language student Chen has finally gone home we will miss him and Chris H made the most beautiful card for him and he thought it was "too beautiful" he said!! He may be BACK in mid July which I thought was even funnier.(he may come back to us until end of year or next February when University starts I suppose because he sat his Entrance exam 2 weeks ago.

We have had some mean as rain and wind and HUGE FROSTS! but today is only 9 degrees and sun is out my clothesline I hope doesn't snap IT IS CHOCCAFULL!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. You and Stew would make a fine pair! He LOVES LOVES LOVE rugby too!
    Stuff frosts, so glad we are up here!
    Taupo is one of the coldest places I know!... well apart from actually being on the mountain in the middle of winter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you manage to get your money back from being overcharged for the sausage sizzle bread etc?

    ReplyDelete