Friday, April 02, 2010

Yay 4 days off........

Finally four days off in a row WHOOP WHOOP...... The weather brilliant BUT friggin COLD MORNINGS (like frost n fog), walking brilliant, food brilliant (like still eating lol) no seriously food very good, 10 hours at work yesterday because not working today or Monday (so I get flogged ).

I got up at 6.30am walked 10km then we into the housework have done all the usual including windowsills and edges, 2 loads washing even wiped out the microwave done 2 cutlery draws and one (THE KITCHEN JUNK DRAW), pantry tidied and the plastic cupboard YOU all know the one the one where EVERYTHING imaginable gets jammed in thru the week the lunchboxes drink bottles and then on Saturdays we normally tidy it, but its a day early, school shoes out airing in sun sneakers out airing in sun,school bags out in sun, IM gonna be out in SUN very shortly!!!!!!!!!!! sunbathing.

Lawns mowed WED and groceries sorted SHIT we were on to it this year no mucking around WE were in and out like troopers!!!!!! DIDNT even forget anything so that is even better I made delicious fish pie last night smoked fish fillets and smoked fish tinned and the marinara mix that you buy from supermarket FRESH mixed in with white parsley sauce homemade and topped with mashed potatoes and served with peas AND GARLIC BREAD!!!!!!!!! being last night was COLD IT was hearty and warming!!!!!

We are having Roast chicken and veges tonight AND I have peeled all the veges and made the platter and got everything ready SO I am now in relax holiday day mode!!!!!!! easter eggs all sorted and wrapped up in cellophane etc. Tomorrow night I have sweet and sour sausage meatballs and rice with bok choy (my friend and I have planned all the easter meals as for the first time in 5 years she has 3 days off at Easter!!!).

Son had an awesome week got First exam results back Excellence in Social Studies, TOP MATHS SCORE YR 9, Excellence in Science. HE HAS excelled and I was so thrilled for him he is applying his time accordingly and I said to him it pays in the end and you are retaining the information obviously. He spends approx 45 mins to 90 mins on homework each night and on weekends me and him do revision questions and pop quizzes. ( shit as the questions get harder I sure as hell wont be passing them!)

His sports is really coming along now too Karate is now into FULL contact sparring so I needed to get PADDED punch glove mitts not full boxing gloves and he is LIKE WHOOP WHOOP finally contact!!!!!!, Rugby he has to train for a 3KM time trial so he has run home 3x this week in 2.3km 14mins UP A HUGE HILL, second day to my work 2.7km 12 mins (no hill), and this morning 3.3km totally flat 15mins (one stop for his asthma)he probably set out too early as air temperature was very COLD, so he is aiming to run everyday thru holidays as their time trial is first week back IF the time set by coach isn't achieved they are cut! Also school has their cross country end of April and he wants to do well their HE did really well in school athletics and made it into all of his running events to finals AND FOR HIM thats a huge achievement.

It is lovely to be home and I am glad all me jobs sorted I am now going to sunbathe and relax.

HAVE an EGGciting EASTER!!!!!

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. OOO Look, I'm back!
    We are having ... something Stew is cooking for dinner!
    Yaaaaaa.
    I love having him home for a few days. BLISS.
    I hope you enjoy your few days off too... and don't eat too many eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter and have a wonderful 4 days off to relax :-)

    ReplyDelete