Monday, May 10, 2010

The LONG awaited news......

3 Weeks ago Samuel was asked if he wanted to go to Australia with the NZ team as an individual not in the team though THEY said they would send details I waited 10 days I hounded our Karate Dojo master, whom in turn rang appropriate member, finally stuff arrives AND heres the rub: NZ TEAM was selected last July (Samuel just missed out then as he had only had his black belt one month), BUT as it so happens he has been training against a NZ JUNIOR TEAM member and whipping his butt!!! He was extended an invitation NZ TEAM have known since November that there would be an Aussie trip and have made funding applications to Youth Advisory Councils etc and had most of their trip subsidised (then club will top up NZ TEAM members only!!!!!) WE (me and Samuel by ourselves have to come up with $1300!!!in less than 7 weeks I am DEFLATED)

I dont have that sort of money and he IS DESPERATE to go I feel useless and helpless as a parent that I cant afford it, BUT we have listed alot of stuff on TradeMe and have just missed out by 3 weeks in the Lake Taupo Sports Youth funding (which pees me off), HIS dojo master is so keen for him to go, as he said tonight he stands a GREAT chance a securing a place and some medals!! I said well maybe the club should pay half (he said they can't), ITS like they are dangling the carrot and now we will run out of time!!! THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS are next year and THERE is talk the NZ TEAM will be bolstered by performances at this Australian event.(I didnt tell Samuel that part)

I have an appointment with the college principal to see if the college will fund some of his trip, and hopefully I can put some money towards it I have a measley $300 IF I could sell my soul I would! My budget is extremely tight and I need a small miracle if he is too go, we have to wait for OFFICIAL letterhead to have a letter to allow us to hold a Queens birthday weekend BBQ at Warehouse (on the sun/mon) and one in town on the saturday if WE dont hurry someone else will beat us to it!!! these places need to know what and who you are fundraising for I understand that I do.

I am not going I cant afford two of us to go AS MUCH AS I WANT TOO, I am off to think, and try not too stress, Samuel spent all weekend arranging his karate folder and papers and has 1 other folder with achievements merit excellence and SPEECHES made his most recent top marks papers from maths science etc, and the letters outlining costs and events and where the TRIP IS etc, and lastly his own CV letter about his goals and achievements to date he spoke to YOUTHTOWN today and we have to send a letter to AUCKLAND Youthtown on official letterhead which I wont get until after THIS SATURDAY so that will leave less than 65 days to raise the money!

HE is selling his much prized lego sets, books, and star wars stuff WHICH HE IS VERY reluctant to let go but he knows it all helps.

Cross all your fingers and toes we are going to need it.

Ciao

1 comment: