Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The MOST amazing thing happened today.....

Samuel and I have been parked outside Countdown Pak n Save throughout the holidays selling raffle tickets for his up and coming TRIP in just 6 MORE SLEEPS.

As you do you speak to loads of people and chitter chatter well I do the most chitter chatter, anyhoo a lady comes over says"Oh hi to Samuel nice to see you" she asks me about him and I speel off int the whole history AS YOU DO, she says how nice it was to have a young man speak to businesses himself and selling like he did HER and HER husband were very impressed with him, they bought around 10 tickets one day last week. SHE then went onto to say she would buy some more SHE did she bought 5 more..............................................................................................


BUT ON LEAVING she shook my hand and put into it $200 in $20 notes and said "I know how hard it is to fundraise and you must be so proud of your young man this is for him!!!", I knew it was more than $100 I could feel the weight of the bills, I WAITED until she got in her car and I unrolled the bills $200 BLARDY DOLLARS I was blown away Samuel when she left gave her a BIG HUG and towered over her and said how grateful he was, he beamed she patted his shoulder and was beaming herself I BLARDY CRIED didn't I I am such a BOOBY at times.

We also whilst there sold 85 tickets and got around another $15 in just donations!!! people are so damned generous and it blows me away.We are selling again tomorrow and then that is it for us until FRIDAY and then feet up over the weekend.

WE have all necessary medications forms clothes shoes toiletries and TRAVEL cabin bag. SAMUELS karate Dojo instructor SHOUTED him a BRAND NEW Gi to travel with so that was so kind I have washed it twice it UNSTIFFEN it and had his DOJO badge sewn onto it so we are ready to go now.

We have been experiencing HUGE FROSTS -5 twice this week, followed by -3 frosts 2 of those and tomorrw only -1 whoop whoop and boy the payoffs are STUNNINGLY sunny days almost SUNBATHING weather!!! haha NOT.

I get to pay forward my good fortune tomorrow to another person whom will be unsuspecting of it but will guess its me, THE sooner you pay forward the better it is for everyone.

Chill out everyone NO pun intended.

Ciao

3 comments:

  1. Wow awesome and great to know there is still some cool people out there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly lovely person that lady is!
    Samuel must be getting really excited now.. 5 more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story
    Mary H

    ReplyDelete